Home inspections - THEN and NOW
Home inspections have changed quite a bit.
This is one the things that was affected by the crash and recovery.
Things are very different than they were several years ago.
- Rare – people did inspections occasionally
- “Buyer Beware”
- Inspections are done 99% of time or more
- Second negotiation
- Laundry list of requests from the buyer
It is your job along with your agent and attorney to figure out how to reasonably respond to reasonable requests.
How do we know what is reasonable?
- Experience dealing with inspections
- Deep understanding of the local market – Is it buyer’s market or seller’s market?
- History of sale
- Universality of request
Call or shoot us a text:
Ruth Sheahan | Ruth@RuthSheahan.com | 630-673-7704
Danielle Tully | Daniellemtully@yahoo.com | 630-270-6783
Tim Berglind | Tim@RuthSheahan.com | 630-687-7704